What is an Echocardiogram?
An echocardiogram is a non-invasive ultrasound of the heart. It is used to examine the heart and to evaluate; overall function, chambers, valves, abnormalities of the structure of the heart and to check for fluid around the heart.
1. Non-English speaking patients are encouraged to bring a translator to their procedure.
2. Wear comfortable clothing that can be removed from the waist up.
3. Please check in 10 minutes prior to appointment.
4. Please cancel your appointment AT LEAST 48 HOURS in advance if necessary.
5. Allow 30-45 minutes for exam.
An indirect, noninvasive procedure utilizing ultrasound and treadmill to determine if there is significant blockage in the arteries that supply the heart muscle.